Advertisement

Best and Worst Weird NJ Sites

topic posted Mon, October 13, 2003 - 6:27 AM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
What are your favorite Weird NJ sites and which ones have you found disappointing?

As I've said before, the stone living room is a fucking great place. I've brought several lovely ladies up there and the place is very, shall we say, lubricating. Great view, amazing scultpure, Thumbs up!

A friend recently complained to me about how disappointed he was in the Devil's Tower. He said it was not very spooky because of all the BMW's driving by.
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Re: Best and Worst Weird NJ Sites

Mon, October 13, 2003 - 7:39 AM
    My son recently went to The Iron Door up on Federal Hill. He was pretty creeped out but says it only locks from the inside so its not so bad walking in. He is only 12 and went up with a bunch of buddies in town so it cant be too hard to get to.
    • Unsu...

Re: Best and Worst Weird NJ Sites

Mon, October 13, 2003 - 4:41 PM
      My momma used to live near there in Riverdale, and her and all the neighborhood kids used to call the old nazi bund camp property "Goo-goo Land" for whatever stupid reason.

Mon, November 24, 2003 - 6:43 PM
        Devils tower is right in the richest part of NJ. my mom said it used to be scary in the day.

My backyard was in there awhile ago, for an abandoned train tunnel, but they musta been blind cuz they left out all the COOLEST stuff. Ghost lake is 5 minutes from me, probably considered white township or hope (shades of death road) and greystone asylum is maybe 15 minutes from me in the other direction.

Thu, January 22, 2004 - 2:15 PM
          Clinton Rd. was a disappointment. My friend lives in the W. Milford/Pompton area and has grown up hearing about it. He took me up there and around the lake and the scariest thing we saw were a couple of punk kids with green hair. The black pick up that everyone claims to see following their cars exists... That's because just about everyone that lives around this lake (which is a very hilly area) owns a pick up.

It's creepy because it's desolate and it does have a bad reputation for accidents, but then again, the road is dark, desolate, winding, and kids will be kids.

Mt. Misery in Pemberton is also not very interesting. I've lived in the area my whole life. It's actually a nice drive, once you get past the severely deteriorated road beyond the church retreat. There are roads that branch off the main road that can't fathomably go anywhere into the woods, but we met a couple military and local township vehicles along the way. At the other end, you wind up in the Manchester area. Very nice ride in the autumn.

We drove up and down 13 Bumps Road on that Halloween Hearse Tour that they used to advertise in the mag (in Westville, I think it was). That whole thing was fun! Hope they have it again!
  • Unsu...

Re: Best and Worst Weird NJ Sites

Tue, March 9, 2004 - 9:59 AM
    Annie's Road scared the shit out of me...very creepy! Also,as we left the site and passed under 80 on rt. 46 we saw a girl dressed all in white with a blue backpack on. Her hair was dark and wasnt moving even with the strong wind that night. When I did a double take she was gone.

Recent topics in "Weird New Jersey"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Psychics in Central Jersey Jen 20 May 13, 2013
New CMC Tribe! James 0 December 2, 2010
The Totally Normal Event Wicked 0 June 19, 2008
Pot Crack Booze Smack... Near Miss 0 May 20, 2008